To Our Patients:
The offices of A Westfall Dental Corporation – The Smile Shop and Tahoe Valley Dental in South Lake Tahoe, and Diamond Springs Dental Center in Diamond Springs, California, want you to know that the health and safety of our patients and our staff are our highest priority.
We are following the guidelines of the American Dental Association, California Dental Association as well as State and Local governing authorities as to how we are proceeding with dental care during the COVID-19 pandemic. Therefore, some temporary policies are in place effective immediately:
- Our offices are now open: Monday – Thursday 8:00am – 5:00pm, Please call to make appointments.
- Treatments will be provided – by the directive of the State, CDC, CDPH and OSHA.
- Patients will be required to wear masks.
- In order to reduce the numbers of people in the clinical areas, only the patient will be taken to the operatories. We encourage parents of minors to bring only the child with an appointment to the clinic. If this is not possible, we ask that family members remain outside or in their vehicle during the appointment.
- All persons entering the clinic will be screened at the door. This will entail a few questions on your health and a temperature reading taken by a touch-free forehead scan thermometer.
- You may also notice the use of additional or different Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) being used by our staff, including front office staff. This is to comply with new directives given by our Dental Associations, Center for Disease Control (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO). N95 face masks, full coverage gowns, head coverings and face shields have been added to our PPE armamentarium.
- To reduce contact and aid in social distancing, we ask that patients call or email the office for any communication outside of attending appointments.
- We have removed all magazines, books and toys from our reception area to lower contact risk. In the clinical area, samples, toothbrushes, etc will be handed out per patient rather than allowing our pediatric patients to “pick their own” toothbrushes.
- No public restroom will be available until further notice.
- Finally, we have intensified our already stringent cleaning routine, implementing disinfecting all commonly touched items such as doorknobs, light switches, reception chairs and countertops using CDC approved disinfectants.
Thank you for your patience and understanding during this time. Our efforts are for the health and safety of us all and we appreciate your cooperation.
April L Westfall DMD Mitchell A Goodis DDS
Samina J Quidwai DDS Richard L Nakabayashi DDS
Patrick J Pacyga DDS