Dr. April Westfall
- 30 years in the dental field. Dentist since 2010.
- Worked 2 years in the Alaskan Bush providing dentistry in the remote villages of the Yukon Delta that are inaccessible except by bush plane or boat.
- Has traveled to over 12 countries on over 20 dental mission trips.
- On Board of Directors of Wings Worldwide Humanitarian, a non-profit that creates and sustains International dental health programs in developing countries.
- Grew up in Reno, Nevada.
- Has lived in South Lake Tahoe since 2010.
- Lives in Meyers with her 113 pound Pit/Lab mix Cyrus and her Ninja coyote-chasing cat, Toby.
- Is the great great grand-niece of Kit Carson and comes by her love of the outdoors honestly.
Dr. Mitchell Goodis
Dr. Goodis is located at our Diamond Springs location near Placerville.
His dentistry experience spans a career for close to 40 years and has been practicing in the Diamond Springs area for most of those years.
Dr. Goodis completed his schooling at Temple University in Philadelphia and is a qualified General Dentist that specialises in surgical extractions.
Dr. Richard Nakabayashi
Dr. Nakabayashi is located at our Diamond Springs location near Placerville.
He has been working with Dr. Goodis for many years in the Diamond Springs area.
Dr. Nakabayashi completed his schooling at Loma Linda Health Sciences University in Southern California and is a qualified General Dentist.
Dr. Samina Quidwai
Samina Quidwai DDS joined The Smile Shop Team in October 2019.
She was so excited to move to Lake Tahoe from the State of Washington with Dr. Pacyga and their dog Bodhi.
- 3.5 years working in community health in Everett, WA.
- Participated in Advanced Education in General Dentistry residency in Yakima, WA.
- Graduated from University of Washington School of Dentistry in 2015 in the Regional Initiatives in Dental Education program, focusing on serving rural and underserved communities.
- Has served on dental humanitarian trips in Montana, Jamaica and Haiti.
- Samina Grew up in Spokane, WA.
- Has lived in Seattle, WA for past 12 years.
- At present lives in South Lake Tahoe with her husband, Dr. Pacyga, and yellow lab mix, Bodhi.
- She Loves trying new foods.
- If she is left unsupervised, would adopt as many dogs and cats as possible.
“The Dentist Who’s Afraid of the Dentist”
That’s right, Dr. LaVonne is a dental phobic, stemming from a terrible childhood experience. She understands your anxiety, and your children’s fears! Ask Dr. LaVonne about comfortable numbing and come see how a gentle care plan works for you.
In addition to practicing gentle dentistry, here are some of Dr. LaVonne’s noteworthy interests:
- Special Needs Dentistry, with experience and a fellowship with the University of Washington.
- Dr. LaVonne started caring for patients in 1993, as a dental assistant, then graduated with honors from Oregon Health Sciences University in Dental Hygiene. She practiced dental hygiene for 12 years, then returned to dental school, graduating with a dental degree and a Master’s in Public Health.
- Dr. LaVonne is a veteran of the United States Public Health Service, earning the rank of LT. CD, and is a distinguished recipient of both the Isolated Service/Hardship Award and the National Excellence in Dental Hygiene Award.
- Community service! Dr. LaVonne has been involved with her local library board, designs and conducts school oral health education programs for parents and students and she started a seed lending library in 2015.
- Dr. LaVonne is passionate about healthy communities. This includes sharing recipes, plants,
gardening ideas, walking groups and having fun outside!